Personal Training: Terms and Conditions
Appointments are available Monday to Friday 7am – 9pm, and Saturdays 8am – 4pm.
Payment can be made by cheque or cash at the time of booking.
If a Cancellation is made within the 24 hours prior your appointment, you will be charged in full.
Advance Payments can be used within 6 months from purchase.
All sessions will last one hour unless otherwise stated, and will always finish on time.
I understand that my trainer may not be able to provide a full hour if I am late to a session. However if my trainer is late for a session, I will still receive the full session time or have the outstanding time added to another session.
I understand that the results of any training programme or coaching course cannot be guaranteed, and that these results depend exclusively on my own personal effort and cooperation in and outside the sessions.
I understand that there are inherent risks in participating in a programme of strenuous exercise. I certify that my answers to the questions outlined on the PRE QUALIFYING QUESTIONNAIRE form are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to inform my trainer of any conditions or changes in my health – now and ongoing, which my affect my ability to exercise safely and with minimal risk of injury.
Retreats: Terms and Conditions
1. Availability enquiry
Please check availability of all our retreats on our website or call Arianna on 07791086040.
2. Reservation and payment
Once you book your retreat we will require a 1/3 of the deposit to confirm your reservation. Full payment of the outstanding balance will be due 6 weeks before departure. Should you book within four weeks of departure full payment will be required at the time of your booking.
We accept a BACS transfer, cheque or PayPal payment.
Although we don’t handle air transportation, we will recommend flights that provide the best service and value to your destination.
3. Confirmation and fitness profile form
Once your booking is confirmed, we will provide you with a holiday information pack. The pack includes information on your destination, programmes and useful contact information. We will also ask you to complete an important fitness profile form. We ask that you return this to us as soon as possible as it enable us to create a bespoke fitness programme for you
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. BOOKING YOUR RETREAT
Booking your retreat, you are entering a contract with ALMA PT Ltd – Alma Personal Training and Alma Retreats.
2. BOOKING PROCEDURE
- (a) On booking your retreat, each person of legal age travelling must accept the terms of these Booking Conditions and pay a non refundable deposit of 1/3 of the total cost of the holiday per person at the time of booking. For bookings made within 4 weeks of departure, the full payment is due at the time of the booking.
- (b) Once have paid your deposit and you have been sent a letter of confirmation, you have entered into a contract with Alma Retreats. No contract will exist between us prior to our issuing the confirmation letter.A final invoice will be sent to you approximately 5 weeks before your departure date and payment will due 6 weeks prior to your departure date. If the balance of the price of your holiday is not paid at this time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit as a cancellation fee.
- (c) We reserve the right to increase the price of our published rates at any time. Any changes will be communicated to you before you enter into contract with Alma Retreats.
Surcharges may apply for the following services: variable exchange rates, additional transportation, entertainment or food costs not detailed at the time of booking. No price increase will be made within 20 days of your departure date.
4. HOLIDAY PRICES
ALMA RETREATS prices includes 4 to 7 nights accomodation, airport transfers and all the week’s transfers, all meals, snacks, water, daily physical activities, all the planned excursions and guides also provided.
All activities are included in the price but people are free not to participate and spend time organising their own activities and free time.
PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE personal travel insurance, alcohol, and any soft drinks ordered from the bar. Also optional activities are excluded.
5. CANCELLATION BY YOU
You (or any member of your party) may cancel your holiday at any time providing that the cancellation is submitted in writing communicated to Alma Retreats. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us. As this incurs administrative costs, we will retain your deposit and, in addition, may apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below:
|Days before departure||Cancellation charge|
|60 days or more||Deposit only|
|30-60 day||75% of holiday cost|
|Less than 30 days||100% of holiday cost|
Once your holiday has commenced, no refund or part refund or unused portion of your holiday will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you. If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an Insurance Policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
6. INSURANCE AND HEALTH
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU HAVE FULL TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER THE ACTIVITY ON YOUR HOLIDAY.
We have arranged suitable public liability insurance that will cover you for all the activities we have arranged during your holiday. You need to have your own travel insurance and provide us with those details in case of emergency. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity organised for you, then you must desist immediately and consult a member of the ALMA RETREATS team for further evaluation.
7. AMENDMENTS BY YOU
If, after your deposit payment has been credited to our account, you wish to change any part of your holiday arrangements, or wish to change departure date, we will do our utmost to make the changes, provided that notification is received in writing at least 4 weeks before departure. There is also an amendment fee payable of £150 per person.
8. AMENDMENTS BY US
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, changes may have to be made (e.g., to itineraries, venue accommodation, team members or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time. Changes are normally minor and we will advise you at the earliest possible date.
If your accommodation has to be changed, we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar rating.
If a significant change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible before your departure. Should a significant change occur, then provided that it does not arise through circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, booking another holiday with us, or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund. If you choose another holiday that is more expensive you must pay any difference, but it if is cheaper we will make the appropriate refund.
In all cases, we will pay compensation as detailed below:
|Period before Departure within which a Major change is notified to you||Compensation per person|
|Up to 60 days||£Nil|
|Day of departure||£40|
- (a) Compensation payments will not apply if payment of your holiday has not been received ALMARETREATS by the stipulated payment date.
- (b) Compensation will not be paid if ALMA RETREATS is forced to cancel or in any way change your holiday due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, or other circumstances which amount to force majeure.
9. CANCELLATION BY US
Alma Pt Ltd reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday, in which case we will offer a refund in full all monies paid. In particular our retreats require a minimum number of at least 50% of the participants to have booked by 4 weeks before departure. If this minimum number is not reached by that date we may cancel and refund the money to you. In no case will we cancel your holiday less than 10 weeks before the scheduled departure date, except for reasons of force majeure, or failure on your part to pay the final balance. If a cancellation occurs within 10 weeks of departure for reasons other than force majeure, compensation will be payable.
Flights are not included in our packages.
11. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- (a) We accept responsibility for ensuring that the holidays that you book with us are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard. We accept responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents and suppliers except where they lead to death, injury or illness (see below).
- (b) We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees or agents, together with our suppliers and sub-contractors, servants and/or agents of the same whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in the provision of your holiday. We will, accordingly, pay to our client such damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under English law.
- (c) Optional trips booked locally are not our responsibility. However please note the following:-
- There are risks inherent with any activity holiday and with physical exercise such as circuit training, hiking and the other activities mentioned in the Sample Programmes or on your itinerary.
- We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before travel to advise you on your ability to undertake strenuous exercise. You should make him/her and us aware of any medical condition which may affect your ability and comfort when undergoing vigorous exercise.
Alma Pt Ltd aims to provide high quality Retreats however, on the rare occasion, you may have problem during your holiday, please inform a member of our team immediately. They will endeavour to remedy any issues immediately. If your complaint cannot be resolved locally, you must advise us in writing on your return.
Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of male/female in any group, are not responsible for the individual behaviour of any group member or other guest at your accommodation.
13. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
(a) EC passport holders do not require a visa to enter Italy. Your passport does however; need to be valid for at least six months beyond your date of entry. For non EC Passport holders please contact the Consulate of the country you are visiting or your travel agent to determine any visas needed.
There are no health requirements for ITALY.
14. THE CONTRACT
This contract is made on the terms of these Booking Conditions, which are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.